How to change the ticket-number format in FocalScope
You may wish to alter the ticket number format of tickets in FocalScope to promote your branding purposes or improved ticket identification. You can set the ticket number format either globally (system wide) and, optionally, amend it on a per folder basis (useful for ticket domain identification). This article details how you can specify the global ticket number format and a per-folder ticket number prefix in FocalScope.
Setting the global ticket number format
The global ticket number format is applied to all tickets, in all folders and is combined with per-folder ticket number prefixes in folders where they are configured (see Figure 3 for an example).
To set the global ticket number format, do the following:
- In the [Main menu], select [Screen > Administration]
- Click the [Administration] tab
- Navigate to the [Global Configuration] folder
- In the right-hand pane, double-click the [Ticket Number Format] option
- In the [Value] field, you can add a prefix (colored in red) and / or a suffix (colored in blue) to the email number. Warning, do not change the ticket number placeholder %N or you will deactivate the dynamic ticket number that forms part of the ticket number formatting
- Click [Save] to activate the new global ticket number format
Figure 1 - Setting the global ticket number format
Setting the ticket number per-folder prefix
The per-folder ticket number prefix is used mainly for identifying tickets in FocalScope reports as per their domain association (e.g., USA, Local, etc.). Please note, when setting the ticket number prefix for a folder, it will be added (prefixed) to the full global ticket number format, for all new tickets in the selected folder. The combined (per-folder and global) ticket number format will be, FolderPrefix GlobalPrefix #%N GlobalSuffix (see Figure 3 for an example).
To set the ticket number prefix for a folder, do the following:
- Right click the folder where you want to set the folder-specific ticket number prefix
- In the [Folder Properties] window, under the [General] tab, specify your desired ticket number prefix in the [Prefix ticket # with] field (highlighted in red). Please note, you can only define a ticket number prefix, not any suffix
- Click [Ok] to save and activate the new ticket number prefix for the folder