E-mail Parameters are mostly for formatting e-mails, enabling or disabling the "Post to folder" account option and the formatting used for HTML content included in outgoing e-mail messages. This lesson will show you where to find and adjust these settings.
On the Administration page, under the node [Global Configuration] you will find "E-mail Parameters. This page has to do with e-mail formatting code
- [For incoming messages:] set this field to specify default code page for messages which have no code page specified in their headers or body. If this field is empty Unicode (UTF-8) is used. For messages which have explicit code page specification this field is ignored.
- [For outgoing messages:] is for setting the character code for outgoing messages. This is automatically set to Unicode (UTF-8) character code.
- The [disable "Post to folder" account] flag enables or disables the option to create a ticket in a shared ticket box as opposed to sending it to an e-mail address which then adds it to the ticket box. This is done by enabling or disabling the built in "Post to folder" account.
- Under "Outgoing message formatting options" enabling the [put content=...] flag will put an HTML tag in outgoing HTML messages which tells the web browser what the content type and character set of the page is.
- In the box below that you can specify additional markups to add to the "Meta Content" tag which is added to outgoing HTML messages.
Highlighted in this compose e-mail window, is the "Post to folder" option which we get when not disabling this account in the "Email Parameters" configuration screen. You will still be prompted to enter a recipients address (To:), but the ticket won't be sent to them, it will just be created in the ticket box.