FocalScope allows you to grant supervisors or agents access to their colleague's personal folders using Agent View privileges. This is very useful when a supervisor has to monitor staff, and when an agent is out of action, for a colleague to attend to the emails the absent agent would continue to receive. This article details how to grant Agent View privileges to supervisors / agents.
Enabling Agent View for supervisors
- In the [Main menu], select [Screen > Administration]
- Click the [Administration] tab
- Navigate to the [User Access Control > Folder Access > Agent View] folder
- Double-click on the agent's name to whose private folders you want to grant supervisors / agents access to
- Click the [Add] button and select the accounts (or groups) to which you want to grant Agent View privileges
- Click [Ok] to save the changes made
Figure 1 - Granting Agent View privileges to supervisors / agents
Monitoring an agent's private folders using Agent Views
Supervisors / agents need to do the following to be able to monitor the account(s) for which they have Agent View privileges:
- In the [Main menu], select [Screen > Workspace]
- Click the [Home] tab
- Expand the [Agent Views > Agent's Folder] folder to see their personal folders
You can read, reply to, interact with, and change the state of tickets exactly as you would in your own personal folders.
Figure 2 - Viewing an agent's personal folders using Agent View