- Help center
- Email ticketing
- Folders and views
Hiding unnecessary folders from view in FocalScope
Ideally, agents should only have visibility over folders that are pertinent to their work. Over time, agents may need to have access or visibility over more and more folders. Or perhaps you have hidden a folder previously and now wish to display it again. This article will detail the two methods you can use to display hidden or inaccessible folders in FocalScope.
Hiding a folder with the 'Hide Folder' command
- Select the parent shared folder [Ticketboxes]
- In the right-hand pane, right click the folder(s) you wish to hide from your Workspace and select [Hide Folder]
Your Workspace will no longer display the hidden folder(s) in the shared folder tree.
Hiding a folder by changing its security options
Administrators can control the viewing and access rights an agent has for folders in FocalScope. Administrators can block an agent from viewing and accessing a folder, thereby hiding it from the agent's workspace.
To block an agent's folder access, administrators need to do the following:
- Right click the folder you wish to hide from an agent's workspace and select [Properties]
- Click the [Security] tab
- Add the agent's account to the [Security accounts] list by clicking the [Add] button
- Select the agent's account and in the [Permissions for selected account], click the [Access and manage content (C)] privilege. The [Permission] column should now show a red X, not a green tick. This will block this agent's access to and visibility of the selected folder
- Click [Ok] to save the changes
Figure 3 - Disabling access to a folder