- Help center
- Email ticketing
- Advanced controls
How to activate FocalScope's Duplicate Attachment Suppressor
One major advantage of FocalScope is that it stores all its data centrally. This allows FocalScope to suppress duplicated information in its database. As an example, attachment duplication can occur when agents have the same image embedded in their signatures. Every time agents send an email, their signature image is duplicated and stored in the database as an attachment to their email message.
FocalScope's Duplicate Attachment Suppressor can delete these replicated attachment in its database, thereby reducing database size and growth. This article details how to enable FocalScope's Duplicate Attachment Suppressor.
- In the [Main menu], select [Screen > Administration]
- Click the [Advanced Configuration] tab
- Navigate to the [Maintenance > Attachment duplication] folder
- In the right-hand pane, tick the [eliminate duplicate attachments] flag
- In the [Check emails older than] field, set the age limit for the emails from which you want to remove duplicate attachments
- In the [Items per batch] field, set the number of emails to process per batch operation
- Click [Save] to activate the Duplicate Attachment Suppressor
FocalScope will now begin to perform batch processes on its database and delete all duplicated attachments based on the parameters you set.