- Help center
- Email ticketing
- Users and accounts
Personal Email Accounts
Every user in FocalScope can have one or more e-mail accounts. These accounts can be company e-mail accounts or other external e-mail accounts. FocalScope will download and send messages from external e-mail accounts, exactly as it does from internal company e-mail accounts. Let's look at how e-mail accounts are added to a user's account.
Add an E-mail Account
On the left pane of the Administration screen, expand the [Emails and SMS Accounts] node, then expand the [Personal] node. In the [Personal] folder, you will see a list of existing user accounts. To set up an e-mail for a user, select the user account from this folder.
Once user is selected on the left pane, the right pane will show any e-mail accounts that were previously configured for this user. You will see a blank page, if no e-mail account has previously been configured for this user. Right click anywhere on the right pane and then click [New...]. An e-mail account properties screen will appear as shown below...
- Fill in the e-mail address' display name and description.
- Check "Schedule this account to check new e-mails automatically".
- Specify the interval of checking for new email, the system will download any emails for this account to FocalScope automatically.
- Specify the maximum number of e-mails to download each time.
Incoming (POP3) Server Details
- Specify your Incoming email server IP address or FQDN.
- Specify the server POP3 port. (Default port: 110).
- Choose if you want to "leave a copy of messages on the server".
- If you want to remove messages already in your email server, click "Remove all Copies" button.
- Specify the username and password.
- Click "Test POP3" to make sure your settings are correct.
You should see the test succeeded message as shown. Click [OK].
Outgoing (SMTP) Server Details
- Specify your Outgoing email server IP address or FQDN.
- Specify the server SMTP port. (Default port: 25).
- Choose "Log on to outgoing server as: Same as onto the incoming server" if the server does not require different usernames/passwords for incoming and outgoing. Otherwise, choose "using the below credentials" and fill in the username and password.
- Click on "Test SMTP" to make sure your settings are correct.
The newly created e-mail for this user is now reflected on the right pane of the administration screen.
Delete an E-mail Account
Deleting an e-mail account will not delete e-mail messages that are already downloaded into FocalScope, however the user will no longer be able to send or receive e-mails, via the deleted account, from within FocalScope.
In the right pane, select the email account to delete. Right click, and choose [Delete].