- Help center
- End user manual
- Frequently asked questions
How to rapidly attach files and images to emails in FocalScope
FocalScope supports pasting files and images from the system clipboard directly to FocalScope emails and the FocalScope Document Center. This article will detail how you can rapidly attach files to or embed images into emails using hot-keys as well as drag and drop.
You must be using the FocalScope Thin Client to use hot-keys and drag and drop - How to download the FocalScope Thin Client (on-premise and cloud-hosted editions)
Copying and pasting files into FocalScope emails
- Right click the file you wish to add to an email and select [Copy], or left click the file and press Ctrl+C to copy the file to the clipboard (see Figure 1)
- Create a new email in FocalScope and with the [Message properties] window in main focus, press Ctrl+V to paste the file to the email as an attachment (see Figure 2)
Copying and pasting images into FocalScope emails
When you are taking screenshots to embed in an email, it is recommended that you use the Windows Snipping tool as you can focus on only the part of the screen you wish to capture.
- Click in the Windows Start menu, click [Accessories > Snipping Tool]
- Click the [New] button and drag a rectangle over the part of the screen you want to capture. once your selection has been made it is automatically copied to the system clipboard (see Figure 3)
- Create a new email in FocalScope and place the blinking cursor where you want to embed the image into the email body. Press Ctrl+V to paste the image into place (see Figure 4)
Figure 3 - Copying a screenshot to the clipboard
Figure 4 - Pasting an image into the email body
Dragging and dropping attachments into obscured FocalScope windows
If the FocalScope main window (or other applications) obscure a new message window, you can regain focus of it by dragging the attachment onto the FocalScope icon in the Windows [Taskbar], which will display a preview of the open FocalScope window; hover the attachment over the preview of the intended message window, and it will emerge from under the other windows. You can then drag the attachment into the focused [Message window] to add it as an attachment to your email.
Figure 5 - Focusing on hidden windows
Dragging and dropping attachments between FocalScope windows
You can drag and drop attachments from one FocalScope window to another.
Figure 6 - Using an attachment from an existing email in a new email
Dragging and dropping attachments to / from FocalScope's Document Center
You can also drag and drop files from the FocalScope Document Center directly to a newly composed email. If many windows are open, making this process difficult, then:
- Click the [Insert] button can be clicked in the [New Message] window
- Select [File > From Document Center]
Figure 7 - Attach a file from the document center