Set-up IIS Role and Services
IIS is included with Windows Server 2008 R2 out of the box, but not yet configured as a role. In this section we will focus on installing IIS and additional services that are required by FocalScope.
Dependencies - IIS & Application Server Roles - Installation
To begin setting up and installing the IIS role open your server manager and go to the "Roles Summary" click [Add Roles] on the right.
On the screen that opens...
- Select the "Server Roles" option.
- Tick the "Web Server (IIS)" checkbox to add this role (Should any popups appear, simply click the [Add Required Features] button).
- Once done, Click [Next]...
- The screen that follows, merely contains information on the IIS role (You can read this to get a better idea of what the IIS role does and what features it has) and we can click [Next] to skip past it.
- Click [Next] to continue and [Next] again on the following information screen.
- On the "Web Services (IIS)" page select the role services tick the "ASP.NET", "ASP" tickboxes under the "Application Development" node (Should any popups appear, simply click the [Add Required Features] button).
- Click [Next]...
- The following screen simply shows us an overview of our configuration for the role we chose and which role services we chose, simply click [Install] to finish adding the role.
You have now added the final dependency as required by FocalScope. Simply click the [Close] button. We will now proceed to installing FocalScope.