Creating custom (HTML) forms in FocalScope
FocalScope has a built in HTML form creator / editor that can be used to create custom forms for your website or for use with other FocalScope features. This article details how to access and use FocalScope's custom form tool.
Creating HTML forms with FocalScope's custom forms tool
- In the [Main menu], select [Screen > Administration]
- Click the [Advanced properties] tab
- Navigate to the [Custom forms] folder
- In the right-hand pane, click [New] to create a new form
- In the [Custom Form] window, give the form a suitable name in the [Name] field
- Design a form by dragging some of the precompiled elements to the editor box
- Continued in next section...
Figure 1 - Building a form using precompiled elements
- Optionally, click the [Source] button to view and edit the raw HTML code of the form
- Optionally, click on the [Style] section to expand the CSS code box. CSS can be used to style HTML forms in ways beyond those offered by the precompiled elements
- Click [Save] to save the form
- Please note: To use the form on your website or with other FocalScope features, you will have to save the form to an external file by clicking the [Save external] button (highlighted in red)
Figure 2 - Coding and styling a form with HTML and CSS