How to limit which IP addresses can access FocalScope
FocalScope uses the industry-standard protocol IPSec to secure and limit access to agents logging in from various locations. This article details how to restrict user login to only approved IP addresses.
Blocking / allowing access to certain IP addresses.
- In the [main menu], select [Screen > Administrator]
- Click the [Administration] tab
- Navigate to the [User Access Control > Users] folder
- Double-click the agent account where you wish to configure IPSec
- In the [User properties] window, click the [IPSec] tab
- Tick / untick the [Allow access to unlisted UP addresses] flag depending on if you want to allow or block user access from unlisted IP addresses (unlisted here means any IP address not explicitly 'allowed')
- In the [Allow access...] list, specify the IP address(es) from which the agent may access your FocalScope instance
- In the [Block access...] list, specify the IP address(es) from which the agent may NOT access your FocalScope instance
- Click [Ok] to save changes
Figure 1 - Configuring IPSec for a FocalScope user