- Help center
- End user manual
- Getting started
As in any e-mail system, in FocalScope an address book is a very important and helpful feature that you can use to store contact information about various people/companies. In FocalScope, the contacts feature is more than just a tool to attach an e-mail address, it allows every user in the system to share contacts with one another and its easy search features means you can quickly retrieve the contact details you need, the moment you need them.
To manage contacts, expand the [Shared Items] node, then click on the [Shared Contacts] folder. The right pane will list out a contact list in alphabetical order by default. From here, you will be able to Add, Search, View, Import & Export Contacts with the tools built into FocalScope.
View and Search for Contacts
FocalScope enables you to browse for contacts in 3 views (using the tabs at the bottom as seen in picture above):
- [Contact:] by default, this view is used. It orders the contacts in alphabetical order under the "File As" column.
- [E-mail:] click on this tab if you are searching for a contact's e-mail address. It orders the contacts, in alphabetical order, under the "E-mail" column.
- [Phone:] click on this tab if you are searching for a contact's number, it orders the contact under the "phone" column and in alphabetical order.
There are 2 ways you can search for a contact in FocalScope.
- The easiest and most direct way is to make use of the search bar that appears at the top of the contact content area. You can type in a person's name or company name and the screen will automatically show matching results.
- Alternatively, you may want to click on the letters at the right side of the screen as they sort the contacts by the first letter of the contact's name.
The "Contact Properties" window shows up, fill in the contact information under the [General] tab.
- The "Email" and "Phone Properties" field allow you to store one (1) or more values to the contact. You may add one (1) or more email(s) or phone number(s) to a contact. Click on the green [+] button to add another address. The black [X] button will remove an entry.
- The radio button indicates the primary e-mail or phone number used for this contact.
- Clicking on this icon allows you to dial the number specified in that row, if asterisk is configured in your FocalScope environment.
Tip! It is recommended to use full name in the "File As" field for easy searching.
Click the [Address] tab to add the contact's mailing address details.
- You may add one or more address(es) to a contact. Click on the green [+] button to add another address. The black [X] button will remove an entry.
- The radio button indicates the primary address used for this contact.
You may include additional information for this contact under the [Notes] tab. Maybe they have a customer code or other relevant information you may need.
Click to Dial
If your FocalScope environment has asterisk integrated, you may click the number of any contact to call them. When you click their number the "Dial Number" popup opens with the contacts number filled in. Depending on how your asterisk system is configured, you may enter a telephone or Skype extension here to initiate callback from the asterisk system. This will have the asterisk system dial the contact and you and set up a call link. Click [Ok] to place the call.