- Help center
- Live chat
- Getting started
The importance of the System Email Account for Live Chat
The Live Chat module--like many other features in FocalScope--relies on the System Email Account to send email notifications. If the System Email Account does not, at least, have a working SMTP configuration, then the Live Chat features that rely on the System Email Account will not function at all. This article details how the System Email Account needs to be configured for use with Live Chat.
Configuring the System Email Account
- In the [Main menu], select [Screen > Administration]
- Click the [Administration] tab
- Navigate to the [Email accounts > System] folder
- In the right-hand pane, right click and select [New]
- Enter, at the very least, the SMTP portion of the email account details and test the send function to see if it passes
Figure 1 - Configuring the System Email Account SMTP properties (minimum requirement for Live Chat to work properly)
Why are FocalScope reminders not sending notifications via email?