How to restore Jabber chat functionality
When agents complain that they can't see each other in Jabber, the issue can be resolved by recreating the Jabber shared groups. It is also recommended that you recreate the Jabber shared groups when new users are added to FocalScope and an existing Jabber shared group. This article details how you can verify a user's jabber status as well as how to recreate Jabber shared groups.
Please note, the information in this article only applies to systems that are configured to use OpenFire sync.
Verifying a user's status
- Log into FocalScope with the affected user account(s)
- In the [Main menu], click the [Jabber] button
- At the bottom-left of the [Jabber] window, set the user's [My Status] to [Online]
Figure 1 - User's Jabber status
Reconfiguring Jabber shared groups
- In the [Main menu], select [Screen > Administration]
- Click the [Administration] tab
- Navigate to the [Instant messaging > Jabber > Shared groups] folder
- In the right-hand pane, one-by-one double click the Jabber shared groups that the affected user is part of and click [Ok] to resave them. The user should now be able to see and be seen by other Jabber users