- Help center
- Live chat
- Advanced controls
Enabling explicit confirmation of closed chats
Normally, when a customer / prospect closes a chat session, the chat session subsequently closes for the attending Live Chat agent; this is done in the interest of helping agents handle higher numbers of chats per hour. However, if you require Live Chat agents to manually confirm closure each chat cancelled by a customer / prospect, then explicit confirmation of closed chats should be enabled. This article details how to enable explicit confirmation of closed chats in FocalScope.
Enabling chat closed acknowledgement
Warning: All agent's must close their Live Chat consoles when the explicit confirmation of closed chats feature is turned on or off.
- In the [Main menu], select [Screen > Administration]
- Click the [Administration] tab
- Navigate to the [Instant messaging > Live chat] folder
- In the right-hand pane, click the [Configuration] tab
- Tick the [Agent's must explicitly confirm closed sessions] flag
Figure 1 - Enabling explicit confirmation of closed chats
With explicit confirmation of closed chats enabled, chat sessions closed by customers / prospects will appear as grayed-out entries in the Live Chat list. Live Chat agents will need to manually select and close these sessions--thereby providing the enforced confirmation.
Figure 2 - Explicitly closing terminated chat sessions
- How to integrate FocalScope's Live Chat into your website
- How to configure a FocalScope Live Chat group