How to configure a FocalScope Live Chat group
To use FocalScope's Live Chat feature you first need to create a Live Chat group comprised of agents to attend to all incoming chat requests from customers and prospects visiting your website. This article details how Live Chat groups are created in FocalScope.
- In the [Main menu], select [Screen > Administration]
- Click the [Administration] tab
- Navigate to the [Instant messaging > Live Chat > Groups] folder
- In the right-hand pane right click and select [New]
Each Live Chat group in FocalScope has to have, at least, one agent associated with it who can accept incoming chat requests from customers / prospects.
- Once the [Live Chat Group Properties] window loads, click the [Add] button
- In the [Select User(s)] dialog that appears, select the agents who will populate the Live Chat group. For multiple selections hold down the Ctrl key while left-clicking on the agents' names
- Click [Ok] to save the selection
- The [Group Members] list will now show the newly added agents
- Optionally, in the [Affiliated responses] field, click the [...] button and select the Standard Response folder that contains the canned responses intended for use by the agents in this Live Chat group
- Click [Ok] to save the new Live Chat group
This group can now be used to answer all incoming chat requests from customers / prospects visiting your website.
Figure 2 - Configuring a Live Chat group
Configuring the 'auto state' for a Live Chat group
The 'auto state' helps to direct live chat requests from your website to the appropriate online group during the hours that they are attending to incoming live chats.The 'auto state' sets a group of agents' status to either online or offline (depending on their working hours and time zone) and, thus, relies on a properly configured working hours profile, which can be an existing profile or a newly created one specifically for use with the 'auto state.'
Please note: It is highly recommended that, if you were previously using the 'auto state' feature, you set the correct time zone ID (in the working hours profile associated with the Live Chat group) to ensure proper functionality when Daylight Saving Time is in effect.
To set up the 'auto state,' for a Live Chat group, do as follows:
- In the [Live Chat Group Properties] window, click the [Auto state] tab
- In the [Working hours profile], either select an existing working hours profile from the drop-down list, or create a new one by clicking the green [+] button
- In the [State during working hours] drop-down list, select the preferred state; in this case [Online]
- In the [State after working hours] drop-down list, select the preferred state; in this case [Offline]
- Click [Ok] to save changes and set active the Live Chat group's 'auto state'
Figure 3 - Configuring the 'auto state' feature