FocalScope has many features dedicated to communicating to customers what is happening to their enquiries. Another of these is the Acknowledgment of Assignment feature, which allows FocalScope to send a precompiled messages to customers whenever a new agent is assigned to their ticket / case / query. This article will demonstrate how to configure and activate the Acknowledgment of Assignment feature for a FocalScope folder.
Configuring and enabling Acknowledgments for a folder
- Right click a personal / shared folder and select [Properties]. Please note, you can only enable the Acknowledgment of Assignment for inbound folders (that is to say folders that receive emails)
- After the [Folder Properties] window appears, click the [Events] tab
- Under the [Acknowledgment of assignment] section, click the [Show advanced properties] link
- You can now configure the following three settings:
- Click the [...] button for the [1st time assignment] field to specify the predefined email message to send to the customer when the ticket is assigned to an agent for the first time
- Click the [...] button for the [Subsequent assignments] field to specify the predefined email message to send to the customer when the ticket is reassigned to another agent
- Click the [...] button for the [Supervisor] and select an agent who will act as the supervisor for all assignment notifications send to customers. Please note, notifications sent will go through this agents [Outgoing] folder and, if sent successfully, end up in their [Sent items] folder
- Click [Ok] to save the configuration and enable Acknowledgment of Assignment for the selected folder
Figure 1 - Acknowledgment of Assignment configuration
Identifying Acknowledgments in a folder
You can easily distinguish between Acknowledgments of Assignment and normal emails because acknowledgments are rendered in light grey text in the FocalScope interface.
Figure 2 - Assignment notifications sent to customers