FocalScope-SugarCRM integration allows you to archive Live Chats in FocalScope as objects in SugarCRM. This article will detail how to configure and use FocalScope-SugarCRM Live Chat archiving.
Specifying a default SugarCRM instance
- Navigate to the [Administration screen]
- Click the [Advanced properties] tab
- Navigate to the [Integration > SugarCRM] folder
If only one SugarCRM instance is to be used for archiving data from FocalScope, then the URL and login details of that SugarCRM instance can be configured as the default option for all archiving operations.
Figure 1 - Designating the default SugarCRM instance
Configuring Live Chat archiving to SugarCRM
To designate a FocalScope Live Chat group from which chats will either manually or automatically be archived, please do the following:
- Select the [Live chat archiving] folder
- Right click in the right-hand pane and select [New]
- Select the Live Chat group for which you want to enable archiving to SugarCRM
- Enter the URL and login details for your SugarCRM instance
- Save the configuration and note the new entry in the right-hand pane
Optionally, tick the [Archive all chats in the group automatically] tick box to enable automatic archiving of all messages in the designated chat group.
Figure 2 - Configuring SugarCRM archiving
Manual archiving a Live Chat history to SugarCRM
- Click the [Administration] tab
- Navigate to the [Instant messaging > Live chat > History ] folder
Drag a Live Chat from the Group Folder you specified in the SugarCRM setup (i.e., Customer Service) to initiate the SugarCRM archiving of that Live Chat.
Figure 3 - Newly created Sugar CRM tab
Before a Live Chat can be archived, there has to be a SugarCRM contact to associate that Live Chat with. See this article to learn how to create a new SugarCRM contact from the FocalScope interface.
Perform a search, tick the corresponding SugarCRM contact from the list, and then click [Archive]. The Live Chat will be saved as an interaction under that SugarCRM contact.
Figure 4 - Saving an interaction in SugarCRM
For an active Live Chat session, the agent can click the [Sugar CRM] button to alter the archiving characteristics for one of the following two scenarios:
- If automatic archiving is active for the agent's chat group, clicking the [Sugar CRM] button will disengage the auto-archiving feature (e.g., if the Live Chat is spam)
- If manual archiving is active, the agent can click the [Sugar CRM] button to engage automatic archiving of that Live Chat session (useful when the agent's attention is taxed by multiple and concurrent live-chat sessions)
- Aditionally, the agent can click the [dropdown] button (highlighted) and access the archiving prompt and object creation option, which are the same as described in Figure 1. This lets the agent create an explicit relationship for the Live Chat being archived to SugarCRM.
Please note, Live Chat interactions can only be archived to SugarCRM if the chat group the agent is a member of has already been associated with the SugarCRM instance (covered at the beginning of this article).
Figure 5 - Alternating between auto and manual archiving
For both the Live Chat history and Live Chat session, archiving will create a new entry in the list under the [Sugar CRM] tab, and its status will change to archived in 1-2 minutes.
Please see this related article to configure and use archiving to SugarCRM for FocalScope emails.
Figure 6 - Verifying that a Live Chat has been archived
Figure 7 - A FocalScope Live Chat as a case in SugarCRM