Archiving FocalScope Emails to SugarCRM
FocalScope-SugarCRM integration allows you to archive emails in FocalScope as objects in SugarCRM. This article will detail how to configure and use FocalScope-SugarCRM email archiving.
Specifying a default SugarCRM instance
- Navigate to the [Administration screen]
- Click the [Advanced properties] tab
- Navigate to the [Integration > SugarCRM] folder
If only one SugarCRM instance is to be used for archiving data from FocalScope, then the URL and login details of that SugarCRM instance can be configured as the default option for all archiving operations.
Configuring email archiving to SugarCRM
To designate a FocalScope Ticketbox from which emails will either manually or automatically be archived, please do the following:
- Select the [Email archiving] folder
- Right click in the right-hand pane and select [New]
- Select the Ticketbox for which you want to enable archiving to SugarCRM
- Enter the URL and login details for your SugarCRM instance
- Save the configuration and note the new entry in the right-hand pane
Manually archiving an email to SugarCRM
You will notice the [Sugar CRM] tab added for the Ticketbox that has been configured for archiving to SugarCRM.
Drag the email you wish to archive to SugarCRM from the ticket pane onto the [Sugar CRM] tab.
Before an email can be archived to SugarCRM, there has to be a SugarCRM contact to associate that email with. See this article to learn how to create a new SugarCRM contact from the FocalScope interface.
Perform a search, tick the corresponding SugarCRM contact from the list and then click [Archive]. The email will be saved as an email under the selected SugarCRM contact.
Click on the [Sugar CRM] tab and notice the new entry. The status will change from queued to archived in 1-2 minutes.
Please see this related article to configure and use archiving to SugarCRM for FocalScope live chats.