- Help center
- Dashboards and reporting
- Getting started
Getting started with FocalScope reports
FocalScope reports are highly customizable and can be generated in FocalScope or exported to popular file formats (xls, xlsx, xml, doc, pdf). FocalScope users can design their own Excel templates and upload them to FocalScope to represent the raw FocalScope report data in a way that is most relevant to their needs. Furthermore, FocalScope reports can automatically be generated per schedule and email to user's email address. This article and the accompanying diagram detail the general process of customizing, generating, exporting, scheduling, and sharing FocalScope reports.
Please note, it is highly recommended that you download and reference the attached PDF diagram while reading the rest of this article.
Working with FocalScope reports
- The first step to creating a FocalScope report is to define the master table. The master table comprises of one of several FocalScope report templates that has its scope defined using the report parameters and filters. This forms the baseline for the report, and all customized Excel templates reference this master table
- After the master table has been defined, it needs to be cached to the FocalScope server (this is done by generating the report once). This cache master table will form the baseline for all reports derived from it
- Once the master table has successfully been cached, a sample report can be generated and either viewed in FocalScope or downloaded in the following file formats: xls, xlsx, xml, doc, and pdf
- By default, the FocalScope report will just be the raw data from FocalScope's database. FocalScope reports downloaded in Excel file formats can be customized using Excel pivot tables and charts. After the desired look has been established for the report, the Excel file with all the customizations can be uploaded to the master table in FocalScope to act as a template for the raw report when downloaded or dispatched in the Excel (xls, xlsx) file formats
- The final report, comprising of the baseline master table and custom Excel template(s), can then be scheduled for delivery and dispatched (at a predefined time and frequency) via email to agents. Agents can then download the reports and use them in meetings, evaluations, or performance monitoring purposes