Configuring the reporting module to pull data from a shadow backup database
This article details how to configure FocalScope's reporting module to pull data from a shadow backup copy of the FocalScope database.
You can download a PDF version of this article and the stand-alone diagram in the attachments section at the end of this article.
Please note, two SQL servers need to be used for the configuration:
- An OLTP SQL server hosting the main application database
- A Backup SQL server hosting the shadow, read-only database
Configuration: Report cache resides in the main database
Conditions to be mindful of in this configuration:
- Report data is pulled from the shadow database
- Report definitions and report cache (temporary data) are stored in the main transactional database
SQL server & databases layout (2 SQL servers, 2 databases):
- OLPT SQL
- Main application database. Will also store report cached and temporary data
- Backup SQL
- Shadow, read-only database, which will be used to pull data for reporting
Figure 1 - Report cache resides in main database