When I open an Excel live report, I get an ‘Access denied’ error
For Excel live reports, Excel retrieves the data to populate the report directly from FocalScope's database. It is therefore necessary to allow Excel to access this information by enabling live Excel reports in FocalScope.
An access denied error is show in Excel when a FocalScope live report file is opened.
Live Excel reports have not been enabled in FocalScope. This causes FocalScope to deny the request for data from Excel when it tries to retrieve the report data from FocalScope's database.
Troubleshooting & Solution
To verify if you have live Excel reports enabled, follow these steps:
- In the [Main menu], select [Screen > Administration]
- Click the [Advanced properties] tab
- Select the [Fine tuning > Reporting] folder
- In the right-hand pane, tick the [Enable "live" Excel reports] flag
- Click [Save] to commit the changes
Excel should now be able to access the FocalScope data and populate the report(s).